Baby Gifts and Accessories
You may be looking to buy baby gifts and accessories either for your own baby or perhaps a friend or family member has recently had a baby and you would like to buy them a gift.
Baby showers are becoming more common over here in the UK. A baby shower is where the mother-to-be invites her (usually female) friends for a party/get together. It is traditional for the invitees to bring a present for the baby for when it is born.
It is also customary to take a gift for the baby to a christening or naming ceremony to which you attend.
Gift ideas for a new baby:
- A baby record book, where parents can note the baby's important milestones, such as first smile, first word etc.
- A newspaper from the day the baby was born.
- A gift basket which contains a range of small gifts, such as a hat, booties, a toy, a picture frame etc.
- Clothes for the baby to wear.
- Toys for the baby to play with.
- Accessories for the nursery.